Friday, December 9, 2011

Dogs

Lyric:  "People throw rocks at things that shine..." Ours by Taylor Swift.  (Super cute vid by the way)

Walking my neighbor's dog today, I enjoyed observing how Lilly explored EVERYTHING as if it was something new and exciting, even if it was just her own yard.  It got me thinking how we-me-tend to have the opposite attitude:  Things are novel for a while, but it seems we sometimes soon lose interest and kind of take whatever it is for granted.  Personally, this is something about me that I really don't like. So my aspiration: to be more like a dog in the sense of treating everything as if it is something new and exciting. i.e., appreciating what I have and utilizing it.

Quirkle:  I hate how my voice sounds on recordings

Thankfuls: Good Music
People willing to do the right thing, even though it's hard.
Warm boots
My great accounting teacher

Brightspots:  Walking into GEO to find my teacher with a wrapped box attatched to his head with ribbon and wearing wrapped boxes around his waist, held up by ribbon suspenders.  Literally made my day.
The fire starting this morning!!
Sewing my skirt. (almost done!)
"I'm so happy when I see your face here"
"I love your style!"

By the way, Leah came back safe and sound.  Thank goodness!

1 comment: