Saturday, November 19, 2011

I'm back!

Big Thank you to "farmermarvswife" for the reminder to stop slacking ;)
  Sorry for the absenteeism!  I shall try to make a super fantastic post to make up for it...ha!


Lyric: We Are The Champions, My Friends, And We'll Keep On Fighting To The End..."  Queen- We are The Champions; in honor of the boys fantastic win on Thursday!  Awesome job guys!

 Thoughts:  In light of my laziness in posting, the topic, in a nutshell, is suck it up!  Don't want to write that paper, no ambition for that quiz, no gumption to get out of bed; I shall lay here and admire the ceiling paint, etc.  We've all had this problem, I'm sure.  And while I don't think  this is a problem ON OCCASION, it is when it starts becoming an excuse.  Putting it off usually only adds to the dread and then the stress doubles when you try to accomplish it at the last minute.  So how to overcome this?  You can either a) just get up and do it or b) if you're the kind of person who needs motivation, try this:  Pick something you enjoy/want to do-go out; read that new book, spend hours on youtube or Pinterest, etc- and then don't allow yourself to do it until your chore/assignment is done.  It takes some willpower but with an incentive, you'll probably accomplish whatever it is faster than normal.  Another idea is to set a time limit (and an incentive! double bonus!)  This is excellent for those of us who are of the competitive sort!  Now to apply this to myself and clean my room....

Quirkle: I'm a firm believer that the only good coffee is the coffee that doesn't taste like coffee.

Thankfuls: Warmth
Sleep
Passed my stats quiz! not fantastically but hey better than nothing right?
Neighbors
Fantastic friends....again x)
Motivators

Bright spots:  Our football team dominated at state!
Breaking Dawn movie premier-yes it was worth the three hours in the freezing cold
spending the entire day(Thursday) with awesome people
Reading The Son of Neptune; Rick Riordan is a literary hero
Sewing a skirt and it's about half-way done!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh and the whole my-brother-picking-out-my-outfits-for=the-week didn't exactly work out schedule wise but if it happens sometime later I'll post the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good post except for the part about coffee!

    ReplyDelete