Monday, November 7, 2011

Life Lessons from Blink-182

"Give me one good reason why we need to be like them"  Ah good ol' Blink-182.  Couldn't have said it any better myself..
Why do we constantly feel the need to be like that one person, or change ourselves to fit a specific mind set? We weren't made to be all the same, yet we try to be.  You are your own individual, don't lose that trying to be someone else.   The most well liked people are those comfortable in their own skin and embrace their quirks wholeheartedly.  Take a step back and find out who you really are, what YOU really enjoy, without fearing what others may think. This is a challenge to you, as well as to myself, as I tend to have a bad habit of putting a little to much stock into others opinions about me.
In honor of this I'll be adding a daily "Quirkles" section, listing something; a quirk, or interests that may not be the most popular or just something I find unique about myself.  While it's not the most comfortable thing, I feel it's important for me to do in order to let go of my fear of others judgements.
Without further ado, the first Quirkle!

Quirkle:  I am a Twihard, through and through! Whew finally got that out in the open x)

Thankfuls: Supermarkets that have fresh vegetables and the like
Blink 182
Friends that love bacon as much as I do

Bright Spots:  Getting invited for burgers!! Although, sadly, silly accounting prohibited me from joining, bleah.
Post about bacon on my facebook!
Michael Buble before class

2 comments:

  1. may I be the first to comment on your blog...I can see it 'shall be interesting'...did you know I have one, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! may I congratulate you?? ;) I did not, but now I'll definitely have a look-see x)

    ReplyDelete